Thursday 29 March 2012

Immensity


Immensity is within ourselves. It is attached to a sort of expansion of being. The presence of an obvious immensity can point the way to intimate depth. When the dreamer really experiences the world immense, he sees himself liberated from his cares and thoughts, even from his dreams. He is no longer shut up in his weight, the prisoner of his own being."
„As I stood in contemplation of the garden of the wonders of space, I had the feeling that I was looking into the ultimate depths, the most secret regions of my own being: and I smiled, because it had never occured to me that I could be so pure, so great, so fair! 
My heart burst into singing with the song of grace of the universe. All these constellations are yours, they exist in you; outside your love they have no reality! How terrible the world seems to those who do not know themselves! 
When you felt so alone and abandoned in the presence of the sea, imagine what solitude the waters must have felt in the night, or the night’s own solitude in a universe without end!”

No comments:

© Zsuzsa Szuts 2010